OK, you're engaged - now what??
Where to begin making all the important decisions required of a couple before their wedding?
Here are my top five recommendations for getting started:
1. Set a budget. How much can you afford to spend on the wedding and honeymoon? Will you have help from family? Did you know that a Destination Wedding in a beach or resort location may cost much less than a traditional wedding in your hometown?
2. Get a file box...the kind that can hold several folders.
You'll use it to store quotes, contracts, notes from conversations, wedding dress ideas, wedding cake designs, etc. Centralizing your wedding planning materials will keep you sane!
3. Choose a wedding/honeymoon destination. A travel agent with expertise in weddings can be hugely valuable; they won't charge you a fee, and can save you a ton of money.
Read our wedding clients' praise for Smiles and Miles Travel.
4. Set the date: you need to be flexible with the date as some venues book up quickly; your travel counselor can assist with date selection.
5. Start your invitation list; send out a save-the-date notice with a brief outline of your plans.
That's just a start - more details to come!